MANY IDEAS, ONE VISION
Vision Vancouver is a “big tent’ municipal political party that brings together people from all neighbourhoods and communities, all backgrounds and affiliations to build a progressive city for today and for the future.
Building on over 15 years of history as a political party, we have maintained core values that keep us united. They include but are in no way limited to:
- Respect for and recognition of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh peoples.
- Foster an anti-racist city where equality and the needs of diverse communities are met.
- Promote sustainable growth, employment opportunities and a robust economy with a vibrant business sector.
- Ensure access to affordable housing for all Vancouverites, including middle-class, working and low-income residents.
- Create a city government that is accountable and fiscally responsible.
- Develop compassionate, new solutions to Vancouver’s social and economic challenges such as homelessness, gender-based violence, addiction, safety and economic security.
- Provide bold and just leadership on climate action.
- Embrace and support arts and cultural activities to create a city that is creative and recognizes the critical impact of the arts.
- Lift up working people of Vancouver by supporting public childcare, libraries, transit and social housing, a commitment to being a Living Wage city and by opposing contracting out and privatization.
- Zero tolerance for hatred, racism, ableism and discrimination, including standing against transphobia and all forms of inequity that affect our city.